Puckarama
A
#Hockey spout #FrederikAndersen having the wherewithal in real time to drop his stick and use his blocker hand to make a save is next level, Dominik Hašek, type play. #StanleyCupPlayoffs #CarolinaHurricanes
07:48 AM - Apr 26, 2024
indie perfume lover
A
I've never understood how goalies move like they do with all that padding. Incredible photo too.

I used to be a die-hard hockey fan, so got two goalie trivia questions for you (no googling! 😂) First up: Who was the last NHL goalie allowed to not wear a face mask?
In response to Puckarama.
08:13 AM - Apr 26, 2024 (Edited)
Puckarama
A
In response to indie perfume lover.
The pads today are incredibly light and custom made so fit and movement are excellent. Now, goalie of days gone by . . . they’re a whole other level of incredible.
08:44 AM - Apr 26, 2024
indie perfume lover
A
And whole other level of incredible leads us to the second NHL goalie trivia question: Who played an entire game and didn't learn he'd suffered a heart attack during it 'til after the game was over?
08:56 AM - Apr 26, 2024 (Edited)
Puckarama
A
In response to indie perfume lover.
Easy one - haha! Andy Brown! Crazy MFer moved over to WHA and played a few more years without putting one on until he hung ‘em up.
08:42 AM - Apr 26, 2024
indie perfume lover
A
So it appears we have a tie because I don't even recall his name, was he a backup goalie? Gump Worsley of the Minnesota North Stars was who the answer was back in the day, he retired at the end of the '73–'74 season. So I googled Andy Brown and he also left the NHL in '74, so we're both right 😂
08:50 AM - Apr 26, 2024 (Edited)
indie perfume lover
A
So I did a little more googling and I'm wrong, only your answer is the correct one, the Gumper finally donned a mask that final season, how did I either not know or forget this? 😱 Sorry, I stand corrected!
09:06 AM - Apr 26, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}