Christopher Bouzy
A
I am not a lawyer, so that is out of my wheelhouse.
Josol @Josol1626
Good morning! Can you give us your opinion on the shenanigans happening at the Supreme Court?
07:51 AM - Apr 26, 2024
09:11 AM - Apr 26, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Points for the honesty...being out of the wheelhouse has sadly done nothing to stop the panicky from declaring doom...AGAIN.
02:09 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Malachi-Chaim Robinson
A
Furthermore, they could throw out the GA case as suggested in arguments when it came up yesterday whether a state could prosecute a federal official for a crime. Remember, they indicated in the Colorado case that since the presidency is a federal office, a state is limited in ballot access.
09:57 AM - Apr 26, 2024
Malachi-Chaim Robinson
A
Moreover, even if the case results in a conviction it is very possible that the SCOTUS will strike some or all charges like the conspiracy to obstruct Congress because they indicated yesterday in arguments that it is a vague statute.
09:54 AM - Apr 26, 2024
Malachi-Chaim Robinson
A
It looks like this will be a 5 to 4 decision either way. It looks like it will come down to Barrett and Roberts for "official acts immunity." If that is the case, the case will be remanded back to the District Court and certain evidence could be excluded if it falls under official acts.
09:50 AM - Apr 26, 2024
Dora Exploring
A
@Josol1626 I'm not a lawyer either; but, seems you know all there is to know to me. Shenanigans, plain and simple.
09:23 AM - Apr 26, 2024 (Edited)
My Flying Car 2020
A
(And even a lot of lawyers who don't practice before the Supreme Court, aren't well studied in Constitutional law, don't litigate or haven't in a while, or hold law degrees but are really just reporters should probably admit it's not their wheelhouse, either.)
09:23 AM - Apr 26, 2024
Trauma Epidemic
A
It's a barn. And the legal horse has long ago left it. Corruption cleanout still to come.

That said, others have suggested that ACB and Roberts could tip the decision away from immunity.
09:17 AM - Apr 26, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}