Donna Lynn
A
thread 1/2
#DailyPictureTheme

As a photographer, I've learned to #PACE myself, take my time and embrace the moment during photo sessions. It's important to capture my subject's inner-being as much as their outward-being.

Focusing on their expressions/body language helps me to bond w them emotionally.
11:01 AM - Apr 26, 2024
Donna Lynn
A
thread 2/2
Another thing that I do to connect with my subjects/clients is to get to know them before the session. I discuss their thoughts and interests to understand who they are as a person. It also helps me to tailor the session to bring out their true personality and create a genuine connection.
11:01 AM - Apr 26, 2024
ML Hart
A
In response to Donna Lynn.
Yes to this - I never cared about shooting landscapes or still life or anything other than people.
Portraits - casual or formal - are a conversation, a connection through the lens, between subject and photographer. It was what I loved most about working as a photographer ♥️ 📷️
11:33 AM - Apr 26, 2024
Donna Lynn
A
In response to ML Hart.
You know, I started with solo landscape and environment photography. It helped me get through a season of depression. It was so calming, connecting with nature. I later learned to love portrait photography.

Like you, 'still' photography ain't my thang
11:39 AM - Apr 26, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}