Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 1/5
The self described "originalists" on SCOTUS are poised to create extraconstitutional powers and protections for ex-presidents. To do so would require creating new laws from whole cloth outside of the Constitutional order. Starting with Dobbs, this SCOTUS seems comfortable doing just that.
12:20 PM - Apr 26, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 2/5
The actual "originalist" view is that everybody in government goes back to being an "ordinary Joe" upon departure. Washington himself made that assumption clear. We don't have kings. Denouncing monarchical power was always a founding tenet of our country. So what in the hell is going on here?
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 3/5
I believe we're seeing a movement of "the ends justifies the means" coming from the 6 RW SCOTUS justices. Roberts has converted from a moderate to a radical along with the rest. I believe these 6 have a view of, "We are the last bastion of patriarchal property owners running it all." They view
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 4/5
themselves as the ones who must now make a stand against liberal multiculturalism. They see electoral disaster coming. In the near term, I fully expect them to remand questions on T's immunity to the DC circuit again. That will cause another round of findings and appeal, which puts the DC trial
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 5/5
well into 2025. I think that's in the bag. The question is, what else will the 6 justices do to help maintain the current order. This op-ed covers some of the possibilities. I'm very concerned. SCOTUS is the last RW base of unconstrained and unaccountable power left. I expect them to act accordingly

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}