Beth Dee
A
Full disclosure for those considering following me: I follow the weird, the wise, and the whimsical (not necessarily in that order). I post about politics, books, art, and dogs. I occasionally rant about women’s rights, specifically reproductive rights. And, I’m proud to be an “L” in LGBTQ+
09:16 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Beth Dee.
Willing to take recommendations on odd music?
09:17 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Beth Dee
A
In response to Ground Control.
Absolutely. Wait? Do you suggest the odd music or do I? Lately, I’ve been exploring instrumental music as background enrichment during art with my clients. I work with people living with dementia.
09:22 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Beth Dee.
Either is fine. I tend to go for odd weird indie bands like Rasputina, Dresden Dolls and Beat Circus myself. If you'd heard of any of them, I'd be surprised.
10:39 PM - Apr 21, 2024
Beth Dee
A
Dresden Dolls — yes. They’re from Boston. I have never heard of the others though.
09:05 PM - Apr 22, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Beth Dee.
Rasputina is out of Brooklyn, uses cellos in place of electric guitars along with drums or a drum machine. Here's a sample of their style...
Gingerbread Coffin - YouTube

Provided to YouTube by Virtual Label LLCGingerbread Coffin · Rasputina · RasputinaCabin Fever!℗ 2002 Instinct RecordsReleased on: 2002-04-08Composer: Melora ...

09:50 PM - Apr 22, 2024
Beth Dee
A
I like this one a lot! Haunting and a bit whimsical 👏🏼
08:41 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Beth Dee.
If you'd like to hear a whole package, I recommend their steampunk concept album Oh, Perilous World! One of the tracks, "Cage In A Cave", was how I felt during the pandemic and "The Question Of Time" directly quotes Karl Rove in a damning fashion.
09:06 PM - Apr 24, 2024
Beth Dee
A
Cool. I will check it out 👍🏼
01:05 PM - Apr 26, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}