Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé
A
thread 1/5
Not so many years ago, I had a copper '83 Corolla. Notice the flat tray dashboard:
09:17 PM - Apr 26, 2024
A
thread 2/5
My first cat, Gert (I honestly didn't know he was a boy, and a girl I was a bit in love with had had a cat by the name, so I decided I would too), used to ride on the dashboard tray. On the long drives between college & home, it was fun the attention he got. My bank got cat treats just for him.
A
thread 3/5
Beloved Ex once did doughnuts in that car, in a parking lot where I'd stopped in to talk to a friend in a store. BEx was in the passenger seat while he drove in circles. This turns out to be his habit still - he is a race car driver and builds his own engines.
A
thread 4/5
It's funny, looking at that interior for the first time in so many years. I'm struck by how open it is, compared to my last FEW cars, all of which have center console situations taking up much, much more space than this PRNDL shifter & brake. This is a straightforward and comfortable design, really.
SLS StickFigure
A
In response to Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé.
My first car was a '74 4-door Navy blue Corolla sedan with a white vinyl roof named Gretchen, which eventually became a Flintstones mobile because the floor rusted out. After that I had '79 beige Celica coupe that didn't get a name for some reason.
09:54 PM - Apr 26, 2024
A
In response to SLS StickFigure.
You're making me realize, I haven't named a car in DECADES. The very first one was The Tank, The Zucchini - a forest green 1975 Plymouth Fury station wagon. Man, that sucker had some stories to tell. Since then, none have had names. :( How boring and sad!!
10:40 PM - Apr 26, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}