Simon Sands
A
The SNAP monthly payment for next month should have been issued in the Volunteer State between May 1 and 20, according to a calendar shared with Newsweek. But several Tennessee recipients received their payment last weekend after what local news media described as a glitch in the system.
11:23 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Ground Control
A
In response to Simon Sands.
Ex-TN resident who was on SNAP here...given the cultural hostility towards folks on that (see "takers", early 2010s) and the technological illiteracy of the folks in charge, this is anything but a surprise to me.
11:27 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Simon Sands
A
In response to Ground Control.
I see I see...but people on SNAP have to plan out their payments so if it comes early than expected it throws them of?
11:29 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Ground Control
A
Sure, if you can manage it. But it's just as often not the case. At the time, I was getting the max of $200 a month, which I had to parcel up in $50 weekly increments. I had VERY unreliable income, so without it, I'd have starved.

Hate to even think how scary it is for those folks right now.
11:32 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Simon Sands
A
Ok I see...it is a lifesaver for many....
11:33 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Ground Control
A
Oh, big time, which is one of many reasons I never had the problem with the Feds that too many people in my small town did. If it were strictly up to the state of TN, too many good folk would starve to death.
11:36 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Simon Sands
A
You know some people fight against their best and own interest....LOL
11:38 AM - Apr 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}