Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 1/4
I'm going full knife sharpening nerd. Punt now if that's not your cup-o-tea.

I obsess with having sharp knives. I'm pretty good with a ceramic stone. I have a precision kit where I can set the angle accurately, but it's a massive pain. I can get pretty sharp with those. I had been hearing about
03:34 PM - Apr 27, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 2/4
paper wheel sharpeners and I just inherited my father's setup. That's what's shown in the picture. There are two compressed paper wheels. One has a 180 grit glued on and embedded in wax. The other has a slotted honing wheel that you 'charge' with a rouge block. Basically, put a super fine grit on it
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 3/4
Once I got a feel for how to get the sharpening angle right, I went to town. I sharpened my whole set of Global kitchen knives, 10 in total, in about 10% of the time I needed previously. I also got them scalpel-sharp. Way better than before. So if you sharpen your own knives, this is
03:34 PM - Apr 27, 2024 (Edited)
Bob - Garden is Life
A
thread 4/4
an option to consider. I cook a lot and having professional knives properly sharpened is like breathing for me, so this is a huge discovery.
TheQuietOne
A
So true. I spent (wasted) so much time with water stones. When I started using jeweler's rouge, it was like finding the holy grail.
In response to Bob - Garden is Life.
04:00 PM - Apr 27, 2024
Bob - Garden is Life
A
In response to TheQuietOne.
That's how I feel about this thing.😁
04:02 PM - Apr 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}