Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 1/5
I just got my cheese. All my sink dishes are done. I'll take a rest and make a nice, small pot of cheese grits at 4:30. After Law & Order and digestion, I'll likely have the strength to cut up many boxes. Especially since I can do it sitting down. I feel the fire coming back, y'all.
04:12 PM - Apr 27, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 2/5
It's a flicker, just lit by the flint. But I see lists forming in my head and possibilities beginning on what could soon be burners. I move apartments in 34 days. This chapter will end and another starts. It starts with a clean stove, new fridge, and hopefully unintrusive thoughts.
04:15 PM - Apr 27, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 3/5
Come Tuesday as much as I can afford will be leaving with junk guys. The anchor that will remove from around my neck is so heavy. I'm afraid to contemplate the weight change. Also, it doesn't mean I'm not packing stuff, I'm packing plenty. Mostly books, clothes, DVDs, and knick-knacks.
04:19 PM - Apr 27, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 4/5
But no junk. That'll be gone by the time Pat arrives on May 11th for our "packing party" and I will no longer be on DEFCON 1 Depression Girl apartment mode. I think we'll get a good amount done that day and then I'll feel even better about leaving a few weeks later.
04:22 PM - Apr 27, 2024
Acey Deecey 🚀🚀
A
thread 5/5
And this is also about more than moving. This is about thriving at my new job. It's about turning corners in therapy. It's about a lot of things. But I feel like the journey can't start, especially with my illness recovery, until the heavy weights are gone. April 30th, here I come.
04:26 PM - Apr 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}