Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé
A
thread 1/5
A mere 3 weeks after the eclipse, I've finally uploaded all the pics from my phone. This is a (much lighter than it actually was, thanks digital correction - NOT!) pic of the amphitheater my fam and I had all to ourselves. When the street lights came on, it was kind of magical.
05:27 PM - Apr 27, 2024
A
thread 2/5
I may never take a more remarkable photo.

Two solar rays cross the dim pearl of the sun, the camera facing upward, frame bordered by black trees. A contrail intersects the rays, limned with brilliance. The diminished light of the sun illuminates light clouds in the dim sky.
05:31 PM - Apr 27, 2024
A
thread 3/5
A contrail shoots exactly toward the dimming sun in the frame; we are progressing backward in time through my photos...

This was after totality, but the sun was still eclipsed enough to take the photo without eclipse glasses over the lens.
05:33 PM - Apr 27, 2024
A
thread 4/5
This is the image a phone camera is able to get of the eclipse at totality, when we saw a black circle with the most incredible corona. It's not what the human eye perceives, but interesting in its way...
05:37 PM - Apr 27, 2024
A
thread 5/5
This is the only photo I got that even slightly captured the peculiar quality of light in an eclipse. It's simultaneously diffuse and dim, but also still so bright. We all marked how MUCH of the sun can be occluded, but the day still feel so light. (cont. in ALT text...)
05:43 PM - Apr 27, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}