2PupsMommy
A
thread 1/5
It looks like Chestnut might have Cushings disease. I'm devastated and heartbroken. I have not had enough time with this beautiful little girl.
12:20 AM - Apr 28, 2024
2PupsMommy
A
thread 2/5
I tell her everyday that she is the best little girl dog in the whole world. She would be the best, but we also have her litter mate brother, and he truly is the best little boy dog in the world. I can't play favorites. She's so bossy. And SO smart. She used to outfox her brother by going outside->
12:25 AM - Apr 28, 2024
2PupsMommy
A
thread 3/5
-> and barking at nothing so he would get off the couch & she could run back in first to take his spot next to us. He fell for this for at least a year. She sleeps weird, ever since she was a pup, with her arms out like Superman. Or with her head hanging off the couch like a Dali painting.
12:29 AM - Apr 28, 2024
2PupsMommy
A
thread 4/5
She never just drinks water. She chomps at it ferociously! Splashes it all over, then walks all over the house with her patented "Chestnut drippy mouth" and leaves little puddles to mark her passing. She follows both of us all over the house & guards us seriously when we go to the bathroom.
12:34 AM - Apr 28, 2024
2PupsMommy
A
thread 5/5
She's hard-core pair bonded with her brother. I don't know what we will be able to do for the grief he will inevitably feel. I think that's the thing that will make me the saddest. This is just awful all the way around.
12:38 AM - Apr 28, 2024
Spiritual Annie
A
In response to 2PupsMommy.
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear this. It sounds like she's quite the character, having loved and entertained y'all over the years. Saying goodbye is part of the unspoken contract we have with our fur babies because we outlive them.

Sending vibes to help the both of you stay strong though it.
01:11 AM - Apr 28, 2024
Charlie Goldstein
A
So, so sorry. Prayers and positive thoughts headed your way.
12:42 AM - Apr 28, 2024
NorthCoast TerryMerryJoan
A
🕯️
12:33 AM - Apr 28, 2024
Meg Smythe
A
☹️ it’s sad news to hear. We lost a pup to Cushing’s when he was 12 years old. Getting the diagnosis allowed us to get treatment for him and the gift of an extra 3 years.
12:28 AM - Apr 28, 2024
2PupsMommy
A
In response to Meg Smythe.
They don't know for sure yet, we're still waiting on tests. But the vet thinks that's what it's going to be. I am hoping they're wrong. She's only 7 years old. 3 more years would be a gift... as long as she's not suffering.
01:34 AM - Apr 28, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}