Dee Jay
A
As someone that’s been thru homelessness and got out of it, I promise you, it is NOT a choice and I wouldn’t wish it on anyone. I may have gotten back on my feet but it took a LONG time for that to happen.
Gala Williams @Galathesinner900
Some of you think poverty is a choice, that homelessness is a choice, and I promise it's because you haven't considered how our system perpetuates poverty. How once you're homeless, there are very few support mechanisms to help people get out of that situation.
11:49 PM - Apr 27, 2024
12:31 AM - Apr 28, 2024
Debra Moore
A
In response to Dee Jay.
The homeless population is drastically diverse. As a result folks with bona fide serious mental problems are right alongside families struggling to survive. ALL deserve help, of course, but we all know the criminal element is the poison in the mix.
09:59 AM - Apr 28, 2024
Dee Jay
A
In response to Debra Moore.
I stayed at a shelter for a couple of years and honestly I think the criminal element gets over-exaggerated sometimes. The majority of homeless ppl I’ve met are just average, normal ppl trying to get thru it. Are there homeless ppl causing problems? Sure, but you can find that everywhere. 🤷🏾‍♂️
10:10 AM - Apr 28, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}