Nefarious Newt
A
thread 1/6
This last year has seen a series of foreboding occurrences that truly have me worried about the potential future stability of our nation, a feeling that is at war in my head with the idea that we've survived world wars and a civil war and are still here, so things will be all right.
08:17 AM - Apr 28, 2024
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 2/6
The foreboding came to a head his week with the Supreme Courts seeming incredulity at the idea that a former President SHOULDN'T be immune from prosecution. Forget the Constitution for a minute; the whole idea of the founding was throwing off the yolk of a monarch. You know, SOMEONE BEYOND THE LAW.
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 3/6
That people who are sworn to "protect and defend" the Constitution of the United States would SERIOUSLY ENTERTAIN the idea that a President should have full, unqualified immunity in perpetuity is anathema to the reasons the Founders gave for breaking from England in the Declaration of Independence.
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 4/6
I have always held government close in my heart, because only through the auspices of a centralized authority can it be ensured that ALL PEOPLE, regardless of who they are or where they live, have HAVE THE SAME RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES. At least, until the whole of us become more enlightened!
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 5/6
The blood spilled in the 1770s that led to the Revolutionary War was not spilled so that 250 years later we could hand the nation back to an "elected" monarch. It was NEVER meant to be this way. That the astral forms of the Founders do not hound Republicans nightly is beyond me.
Nefarious Newt
A
thread 6/6
I don't know what catalyst can be applied to make those who wrap themselves in a lackadaisical air of disinterest in "politics" suddenly realize the full import of what lies ahead in a renewed FP45 Presidency, but I can only hope THERE IS ONE, because we need every vote to cast down these demons.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}