SoundNFury
A
thread 1/3
Maybe this is cynical and jaded, but I think the "Gaza issue" is little more than an excuse for most of the people who are voicing discontent with Biden/protesting.

If it weren't this situation, it would be something else.
09:28 AM - Apr 28, 2024
SoundNFury
A
thread 2/3
I suspect that most of the folks saying they won't vote for Biden because of what Israel/Netanyahu are doing, wouldn't have voted for him anyway. They would simply find something else to latch onto in order to reinforce their sense of moral superiority.
SoundNFury
A
thread 3/3
The tragedy of all of this is that the "Gaza issue" is a very real, horrific situation in which people are being maimed and slaughtered. But for most of the anti-Biden movement, their deaths are not much more than a cudgel of misguided and ego-driven self-righteousness.
Matthew Willemsen
A
The "Gaza issue" is more than a little thing.
Not just something to protest for lack of an issue.
It's complex and distracting and must be dealt with.
I'm sure Biden's team is working on it seriously.
And the protesters are taking it even more seriously.
In response to SoundNFury.
09:37 AM - Apr 28, 2024
SoundNFury
A
In response to Matthew Willemsen.
It's being weaponized and exploited by the right.

How many atrocities get committed daily in different countries around the world - most of the people protesting couldn't care less, except in the sense that during election season, it gives them a weapon - an issue to take up with the admin.
09:43 AM - Apr 28, 2024
Arthur Grupp
A
In response to SoundNFury.
Yes right will use n push it. i don’t agree 💯 with ur lefty assessment. Some might be threatening trying to push Biden. He’s tried to curb BB but no teeth. My hope after tragic murder of WCK workers BB would see a light but that didn’t last long. Agree anti Biden r a lost cause period.
10:18 AM - Apr 28, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}