KM Laurence
A
“Four overarching themes depicting the strategies to combat stigma were identified. They included (1) raising mental health awareness, (2) social contact, (3) advocacy by influential figures or groups, and (4) legislation of anti-discriminatory laws.” Thank you for sharing.
Katie E @Katiebean
It was asked that I post this in general chat. It's about reducing stigma about serious mental illness. I do teach about this in my job, but this article is much more succinct. Thank you for the idea again Paul and for understanding.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.g...
06:36 PM - Apr 26, 2024
10:27 AM - Apr 27, 2024
Katie E
A
In response to KM Laurence.
You are welcome. Stigma in the US is awful. It's bad enough people have to overcome stigma from entertainment and sometimes family, but their OWN stigma. I call it out when I can. I also have a SMI.
08:32 AM - Apr 28, 2024
KM Laurence
A
In response to Katie E.
Thanks for highlighting this underrepresented but prevalent issue. It’s the same here in Australia. It also doesn’t help when funding has been gutted year upon year in favour of privatisation of mental health.
10:03 AM - Apr 28, 2024
Katie E
A
In response to KM Laurence.
Britain is gettnig better, Europe is even better. If only Australia and the US were better!
10:16 AM - Apr 28, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}