Trevor
A
People don't realize how traumatizing it can be to be lunch shamed.

In my elementary school if you forgot your lunch money you had to go to the end of the lineand you got the worst of tje leftovers. Plus everyone who went ahead of you knew you didn't have lunch money that particular day.
Helen Mary @itsmehelen
"Lunch box tax cut": Minnesota Senate passes bill for free school meals for all students
12:11 AM - Mar 16, 2023
12:26 AM - Mar 16, 2023
Sharon Donald
A
In response to Trevor.
That's terrible. I don't remember anything like that in my school days. I am 58, How sad.
08:18 PM - Mar 20, 2023
Amy Fisher
B
In response to Trevor.
My mom sent me to grade school once with an envelope full of Pennie’s because we didn’t have any other cash. The lunch lady held up the line and counted every one of them before she let me go through.
08:41 PM - Mar 16, 2023
You look marvelous
A
In response to Trevor.
I could never afford lunch in elementary school. One day I had a bag lunch and recall feeling so happy to have a lunch that day. #LunchShame
is a thing!
01:21 AM - Mar 16, 2023
Kim Adams
A
In response to Trevor.
TOTALLY.
01:04 AM - Mar 16, 2023
Chana Jackson
A
In response to Trevor.
It's unconscionable that we do this to children, instead of making sure every child is well-nourished. Internet hugs to your inner child who suffered those indignities.
12:35 AM - Mar 16, 2023
Trevor
A
In response to Chana Jackson.
Thank you. Fortunately, this was something that didn't happen too often. However, I can't imagine the sustained trauama it must have had for my peers who may not have had the same family financial resources that were avaliable to me. They're the ones I think of often
12:40 AM - Mar 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}