Kristin H
A
It’s easier to rule the uneducated.
Sonia C @sunny1
“They came for the teachers first.”

Because we educate young minds and teach them to critically think for themselves, we are a threat.

Ron DeSantis is going for the teachers first. Scary.

💙🐳💙
11:49 PM - Mar 15, 2023
11:59 PM - Mar 15, 2023
Sonia C
A
In response to Kristin H.
Yes.

Why do you think they’ve been trying to tear apart the Dept. of Education? Treat teachers as though they are the panacea for every child that walks into their classroom? Why they pay them so little? Because educated minds critically think for themselves. They can sniff out their BS.
💙🐳💙
12:05 AM - Mar 16, 2023
Kristin H
A
In response to Sonia C.
I recently retired after 30 years as a teacher and coach. This process has been going on for years. I feel for all of my colleagues who are still in the classrooms. It’s no wonder no one wants to get into the profession.
12:11 AM - Mar 16, 2023
Sonia C
A
I taught and two of my children are teachers. My daughter who used to love teaching ELA, wants to get out. She prides herself on getting herself to enjoy reading and to be able to write well. All the principal wants is for their “scores” to go up. It’s just incredibly sad.
12:22 AM - Mar 16, 2023
Kristin H
A
The worst thing to ever happen to education IMO was “No Child Left Behind”. At that point, everything became about test scores. Teaching then became a task. I still did fun units with kids, but I was always in trouble. Yet those are the things my former students remember. Can’t say I blame her
In response to Sonia C.
12:30 AM - Mar 16, 2023
Sonia C
A
Exactly!! She said she still has college grads coming back to her and thanking her and that she was still their favorite teacher.

Yes. I totally agree about No Child left Behind. Sounds like a great catch phrase, but that’s it!
12:33 AM - Mar 16, 2023
Kristin H
A
In response to Sonia C.
Sadly I’m afraid that there are even darker days ahead for educators. Trying to support them when I can.
12:37 AM - Mar 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}