Timara (she/her)
A
Introverts in management roles, do you like what you're doing? If you had to do it again, would you manage others? What do you do to ensure you're not drained from peopling so much?
12:11 PM - Apr 29, 2024
Richard
A
In response to Timara (she/her).
I manage a small office/staff and have forever. Fortunately I haven't had many issues. I've had the good fortune though of hiring great people most of the time. It's the few not-so-great that give me indigestion.

And I never had to over-people.
12:49 PM - Apr 29, 2024
hal
A
I no longer have direct staff management responsibilities, for which I'm very grateful. I'm still required to function as a team leader.

All of this directly conflicts with my natural personality. It is especially difficult to initiate new activities.
12:18 PM - Apr 29, 2024
Zaya Rose ⛧
A
I have been in management before and felt I never had complete down from being pushed and pulled by executives and my team. Because of that, i have vowed to never go into mgmt again. It was too draining for me though I'm sure others make it work just fine
12:18 PM - Apr 29, 2024
Jo she/her Thompson
A
I am not currently in a management position, but I was for about ten years and I was not good at saving energy for myself. It was exhausting and depleting. But I really enjoyed lifting people up. I would consider doing it again, but I would step into the role with clear boundaries for myself.
12:17 PM - Apr 29, 2024
Timara (she/her)
A
In response to Jo she/her Thompson.
What would those boundaries look like?
12:23 PM - Apr 29, 2024
RA
A
I became a sole proprietor because I was sick of doing the hard work of running a business without any of the benefits, while trying to manage employees in a humane way in an inhumane system. I was good at it, and I gave it up after multiple rounds of burn out and zero fucks given by my bosses.
12:15 PM - Apr 29, 2024
Timara (she/her)
A
In response to RA.
If you found the right culture and had support from leadership, would you go back into management?
12:17 PM - Apr 29, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}