Christopher Bouzy
A
Exactly. Trying to add a bunch of features that don't fit will ultimately fail. However, something like TikTok style videos might work.
Magical Mystery Tour (MrG / NAFO) @gvgoebel
That's an interesting idea. It's not realistic to build Spout to compete with every form of social media -- but if limited functionality could be added to usefully extend Spout without changing it into something it isn't -- that might pay dividends.

"Video spouts" -- yeah, I like it.
12:30 PM - Apr 29, 2024
04:16 PM - Apr 29, 2024
BryanOfOhio
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
I thought we already had access to video and audio.
I've not seen nearly enough use to monetize it.
MasonMinute for example, nobody listeners
07:22 PM - Apr 29, 2024 (Edited)
Garry Cohen
A
@cbouzy - Joe Vogel is running for Congress in the uber competitive MD-06. I encouraged him and he just joined spoutible moments ago. His handle is identical with his verified Twitter account
joevogel_
Any chance that you can offer him the coveted blue check mark? Thanks for considering it.
05:45 PM - Apr 29, 2024 (Edited)
Thomas Liljeruhm
A
I guess the "no algorithm" thing could be a problem in that case, since short videos is all about going viral.
05:45 PM - Apr 29, 2024
Just Piper
A
Personally, I have no use for TikTok. I have friends who love it and use it, but I don’t see it being of any use for me. Still, I’m sure if something like it on Spoutible could enhance our total experience, it will be!
04:36 PM - Apr 29, 2024
hal
A
In general I'm not a fan of videos on SM, but perhaps an AI transcription tool like Notta.ai could be used to make them more accessible.
04:26 PM - Apr 29, 2024
MaxxMilly Browne 808
A
🎉
04:19 PM - Apr 29, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}