Jessica (she/her)
A
Today is Military Brats Day.

Feel free to watch your favorite “films based on the army”, but please – PLEASE – don’t dress up in “military-like outfits”. We don’t appreciate the cosplay.

https://nationaltoday.com/military-brats-day/

#ArmyBrat #MilitaryBrat #MilitaryBratsKnow #NavyBrat #AirForceBrat
Jessica (she/her) @justjukka
Husband: Your food associations are weird. Fresh tortillas - Christmas food! Churros - German food!

Me: #ArmyBrat ☺️
02:50 PM - Dec 10, 2023
01:54 PM - Apr 30, 2024
Jeff Shaw
A
In response to Jessica (she/her).
Spent the first 18 years of my life as a #CoastGuardBrat and on the day my dad retired, I swore in and spent the next 27 years of my life as a Coastie. I don't regret either portion of my life. I've got friends all over the place and make it a point to stay in touch. especially with the other brats.
04:07 PM - Apr 30, 2024
Blanche Davidian
A
In response to Jeff Shaw.
Army brat here. Had a friend who joined the Coast Guard to avoid Vietnam..he ended up on PBRs there and got three purple hearts
04:13 PM - Apr 30, 2024
ZonkerHarris
A
Air Force Brat here and I wouldn't change the experience for anything. OK, maybe the H.S. years in North Dakota were a bit on the cold side but Kindergarten through Fourth grade in Okinawa was great.
03:59 PM - Apr 30, 2024
R o K p h i s h
A
I'll never forget the time we were transferred from Germany to El Paso, TX and of course our household goods took the slow boat to get to us. Before they even arrived, we were once again transferred to Fort Lee, VA. Took 6 months for my toys to catch up to me. It was like Xmas all over again.
02:01 PM - Apr 30, 2024
Jessica (she/her)
A
In response to R o K p h i s h.
Our Fort Stewart to Germany was similar. We lived in a hotel for a month and temporary housing for a few weeks. We'd been traveling light for six months prior, anyway, so I didn't notice the lack of so my creature comforts until they arrived. ☺️
02:09 PM - Apr 30, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}