I don't need a "cure"
A
thread 1/4
Being on spoutible has kinda helped me tho. I may write things that are maybe personal & uncomfortable for some to read. But I've always expressed myself better with the written word. And sharing stuff is cathartic. Makes me feel less alone with this awareness i have of how only certain things
03:20 PM - Apr 30, 2024
I don't need a "cure"
A
thread 2/4
Made my childhood more bearable and a lot of those things were pop cultural. I could escape into a cartoon where the Planeteers were gonna save the world & not think about what would happen when the sun went down. A lot of my nostalgia is centered around such things & not my actual home life
I don't need a "cure"
A
thread 3/4
A lot of my special interests as an autistic individual sprung from that escapism into not thinking about how voiceless & preyed upon I was in my daily life. Mister Rogers was my father figure or Carl Winslow, James Evans. Florida & Hariette were my mom. TV kinda saved me as absurd as that sounds
I don't need a "cure"
A
thread 4/4
So when I think about my childhood I think about shows, movies and music from the 90s. Not about how malnourished or abused I was when I'd sit in front of the idiot box. I think about how I escaped into sitcoms & was an Evans, a Winslow, a child of tv parents who were imperfect but loving

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}