David Love
A
Your system of government is questionable when a basic human right is protected in one state, and subject to capital punishment if you exercise it in another state.

There’s a lot of work to do.
07:15 AM - Mar 16, 2023
J.D. Cunegan
A
In response to David Love.
Them: The Civil War was about states' rights!

Me: States' rights to what?

Them: Uh... well, you know...
09:35 AM - Sep 03, 2023
Nikki Norman
A
I’m all for states’ rights, but some shit should be universal.
03:09 PM - Aug 04, 2023
Sandra Przybylski
A
GOP believe states (state legislatures) hold the levers of power. This is why they espouse the independent state legislature theory. They believe in small national government. In fact in my state of MO, they'd prefer law enforcement not follow any national gun control laws.
10:06 PM - Mar 22, 2023
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
It seems a fed central govt should control things like education standards, food, drug etc... but also any policy that affects how humans are treated and cared for, including prisons, policing and marriage. By giving states so much power, we will forever have dumb, racist, and very poor pockets.
11:23 AM - Mar 17, 2023
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
You're singing my song. Seems every 30days or so, I'm compelled to post that 'states rights' is THE reason America isn't further along in basically ALL of its problems. We are 50 little countries vs 1 large one because states have too much power. A centralized govt needs full control of SOME things.
11:18 AM - Mar 17, 2023
David Love
A
In response to Yimi_Kyrabo.
Truth!
09:09 PM - Mar 17, 2023
NancyM
A
Agreed.
11:05 AM - Mar 17, 2023
Happy4uu&u
A
Superb point.

Then secession should be in order for these rogue states. Let them parry on their own, although many people who didn't ask for this would suffer.

The world is upside down.
08:32 AM - Mar 16, 2023
David Love
A
In response to Happy4uu&u.
What really gets me is that some of the reddest states like Mississippi are the blackest. But for gerrymandering and suppression, things could be different.
09:10 PM - Mar 17, 2023
Ei McDonough
A
This is what I don't understand. Since when are individual rights a matter of states rights?

Can reproductive rights be adjudicated on the basis of the equal protection clause?
08:20 AM - Mar 16, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}