Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd
A
thread 1/7
As an early account, starting a week after Spoutible was opened, there was an excitement I had as a person of color going to a platform made by a man of color intended to be a safer space for suppressed communities. What I found was an interesting mix of people. But very quickly, it became
11:03 AM - May 01, 2024
A
thread 2/7
“regulated”. There were self-appointed police. And it was very apparent what the deal was. This place was the playground of some very weak minds that thought they were big deals. I didn’t like the way I was treated, and just like in real life, I wasn’t going to let a white man tell me how to think
A
thread 3/7
or be. Some of the idiocy had to do with silly games over breakfast cereals and cheese! There were ideas, of course, over raisins. But that masked a deeper exclusivity. It wasn’t fun and games for some people. It was obvious for some of us. The “code” was being established and it had racial
A
thread 4/7
overtones that were rather uncomfortable (but not for everybody). Speaking up was met with being piled on or mass blocked. This in turn gave certain accounts more “influence”. This place became rather toxic. Push back developed. And I’m glad for it. The wannabe influencers didn’t realize that
A
thread 5/7
in order for this place to grow, the exclusive nature needed to be culled. With those from post coming over, and Brazil opening up, those reindeer games some liked to engage in no longer were tenable. And this place became more open because of that. But for some of us, the damage was done. No
A
thread 6/7
doubt that I feel part of a community here that felt targeted. I know many people of color that decided this place was too toxic to stay. And good for them prioritizing their health over this shit storm. Hopefully this place becomes better. It has many miles more to be covered, but it is nice
11:03 AM - May 01, 2024 (Edited)
A
thread 7/7
that the CEO of this place actually is attempting to make good on his promise that this place be safer.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}