Andrea Loken
A
thread 1/5
As a neurodivergent gal, I often miss social cues. Online interactions can be tricky, since tone of voice & body language are absent. But I have no trouble understanding the importance of treating fellow Spoutans with dignity. If I can grasp that, anyone can.
11:13 AM - May 01, 2024
Andrea Loken
A
thread 2/5
While it's not always easy, it is straightforward. We either allow temper & ego to rule our interactions, or we don't. And if we mess up, there can be consequences.

And in our interactions, it's the effect of our words that matter, not the intent. After all, no one can read minds to know intent.
Andrea Loken
A
thread 3/5
In a world where many of us are used to incivility (&/or far worse), this place is a breath of fresh air.

Here, ad hominem attacks, entitlement & the various 'isms' that so often lie at the root of cruelty get called out & action is taken. In that, Spoutible is revolutionary.
Andrea Loken
A
thread 4/5
And what are we here for anyway, if not to grow & connect with one another in thoughtful interactions where otherwise sidelined & marginalized voices get centered?

Yes, of course we want fun, too - but that can't come at the expense of others. Punching down & drama ain't fun or funny.
Andrea Loken
A
thread 5/5
So yeah, there will be folks who cause drama & either leave or get booted out. It's not like they weren't aware of the rules. It's just that, for one reason or another, they let their better selves take a back seat to incivility or entitlement.

It's ok to let them go.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}