ammar1811
A
Good lord! Biden is calling "Intifada" hate speech? Seriously? It literally means "uprising" or "shaking off" and has zero racial connotations. Whoever is advising Biden must be a Netenyahu shill and should be fired. This is actually insulting to people like me.
11:36 AM - May 01, 2024
Bonnie Ivanish
A
In response to ammar1811.
In this, it's an example of "violent rhetoric" which, along with hate speech & symbols, "has no place in America."
I must say I agree completely, that any form of violence & hate as a means of protest is not acceptable. It accomplishes nothing except to accelerate tensions & incite more of the same.
12:04 PM - May 01, 2024
ammar1811
A
It is not violent rhetoric. I'm a native Arabic speaker and this is an example of non Arabic speakers hijacking our language to make things sound "scary". Looks like it worked.
In response to Bonnie Ivanish.
12:10 PM - May 01, 2024
Bonnie Ivanish
A
In response to ammar1811.
Difference of interpretation, perhaps.
However, you just posted that it means "uprising," which in English is a synonym for revolt, rebellion, etc., or per Merriam-Webster: "a usually localized act of popular violence in defiance usually of an established government." The hijacking is your doing.
12:39 PM - May 01, 2024
ammar1811
A
In response to Bonnie Ivanish.
It's not "interpretation". It is literally my freaking language. You don't get to tell me how my language works. Here's some examples of its use. I guess you would have been against the Jews in Warsaw having an uprising. If not for genocide, then for what?
12:54 PM - May 01, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}