Brian Keith Jackson
A
Consider reaching out to your local school to see if there are students with an overdue balance on their lunch account. Some students are not allowed to move on or graduate if there is a debt. That stress impacts their learning capacity. Random gestures of kindness can change a life.
12:57 PM - May 01, 2024
WestCoaster
A
In response to Brian Keith Jackson.
No lunch debts here. School meals are free to all public school students in California. That should be universal! It's barbaric to charge poor children, who are probably undernourished already, and starve them if they can't pay. How can hungry kids be expected to learn?
04:47 PM - May 01, 2024
Linda in TN ACTIVE Resister
A
In response to WestCoaster.
And worse, humiliate them.
As a child that grew up in foster care I was moved around constantly. The humiliation in the lunch line was the deciding factor for skipping lunch throughout junior high & high school, until I had a job & paid for my own.
Children should never have to endure this.
06:56 PM - May 01, 2024
J.Nasty Flaming Queer
A
In response to Brian Keith Jackson.
The students in the school district I’m in are entitled to free breakfast and free lunch. I’m off to find a district that doesn’t provide this. Someone is getting their lunches paid off today somewhere.
01:03 PM - May 01, 2024
Lee
A
In response to J.Nasty Flaming Queer.
Goals tbh
08:32 PM - May 01, 2024
Liz
A
In response to J.Nasty Flaming Queer.
Can you share what you find? I don’t even know where to begin but it pisses me off that school lunch isn’t free! I would love to help out on paying off school lunch debt.
04:49 PM - May 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}