TAE
A
thread 1/7
As much as reading the news brings me down due to the never-ending attack by the entirety of the GOP in Congress & some in local elections, I continue to read & watch. It is depressing, so why do I keep doing this to myself? It is simple, at least for me. Democracy for the 1st time in a very long
01:17 PM - May 01, 2024
TAE
A
thread 2/7
Time in America is in danger, not only from Trump but from the far-right wing in the House & now the Senate. Those elected to serve We, The People, now only serve one master, Trump & of course, themselves. They are done with the Constitution, they say. They are done with DEI and down with
TAE
A
thread 3/7
Diversity. Down with women. Down with child labour laws. Down with protecting our environment. Down with protecting the food we eat & the drugs we take to improve our health or the ones that save our lives, down with vaccines. Down with higher education, let alone public education. The list goes
TAE
A
thread 4/7
On. They are not FOR anything. They are AGAINST everything. And what is everything, after all? It all falls under the blanket of the Constitution. It is that simple, and why is it so blatantly evil? They will succeed if we allow them to. I, for one, will do everything in my power to stop them.
TAE
A
thread 5/7
What does that look like, you may wonder? My power lies in my VOTE, where I spend my few dollars. By not buying from the far-right billionaires' companies and voting, my voice is heard. Biden can't continue the fight to preserve our beloved democracy if we do not ensure he gets another term.
TAE
A
thread 6/7
What can you do? If you haven't already registered to vote, please do that today. Then, make a voting plan. Register to volunteer at the phone banks if you can. Volunteer to be a poll worker if you can. Be prepared with facts to answer questions you may be asked. Leave emotion out of
TAE
A
thread 7/7
It is just the facts, if you can, volunteer to drive folks to the polls. And then, vote, vote, vote! Vote blue up and down the ballot. I cannot stress this enough. So #VoteBlueToSaveDemocracy #RoevemberIsComing2024
Orlando Fuentes
A
In response to TAE.
Good thread
01:53 PM - May 01, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}