Nick
A
thread 1/2
I doubt many here need the explanation, but here is an excellent one anyway for why - even if you take her hunting story at face value - Noem was 100% at fault as an incompetent and impatient dog trainer, rather than the dog who was simply doing what it was bred to do.
12:51 AM - May 01, 2024
Nick
A
thread 2/2
Though it's certainly become apparent since this story first came out that it was never really about the dog anyway, but rather about a sociopath who simply gets off on having power of life and death over sentient creatures.
12:52 AM - May 01, 2024
Melinda Nowikowski
A
There are lots of things that are legal to do with domestic animals here in Ohio, but a) I wouldn't do them, and b) I wouldn't brag about them in a memoir. It's bad enough she did it - she didn't have to go to the trouble of writing it up!
In response to Kelpie in Spring.
09:03 PM - May 01, 2024
Katie E
A
In response to Melinda Nowikowski.
Ahh gotcha. I'm in OH too, no WAY would I do such a thing! Of course for her, there are no witlesses
08:34 AM - May 02, 2024
Melinda Nowikowski
A
In response to Katie E.
Except there were - she said a construction crew on the other side of the gravel pit were working, and she noticed them when she shotgunned the goat she failed to castrate, that was combative. She probably was afraid they'd rat her out about the dog, too, so she included them in the story.
08:43 PM - May 02, 2024
Kelpie in Spring
A
In response to Melinda Nowikowski.
Could not agree more. She is not a good or kind person and she seems to take vocal pride in her cruelty… a common trait of the current GOP. They like to now say the quiet parts very loudly.
09:16 PM - May 01, 2024
Melinda Nowikowski
A
In response to Kelpie in Spring.
I think she saw it as her VP audition. She underestimated how much even republicans love their pets. I can't say how many GOPer electeds I suspect would do the same thing, legal or not, but they're canny enough not to publicize it.
09:18 PM - May 01, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}