Salma Typhii
A
And there is always someone, usually a young cis het white male, who shows up itching for a fight and trying to provoke it because they really want an excuse to hit someone. Wish they'd go to therapy instead
Ground Control @MrTCB15
A primer on campus protests of any kind.

TL;DR The situation on these are way more complex than either idealists or cynics want to believe.
02:43 PM - May 02, 2024
02:46 PM - May 02, 2024
Doug Says…
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
Categorizing people is designed bigotry.

Young, cis, heterosexual, white, male.

You could be absolutely right for all I know or care. But, what I see these days is everyone categorizing others for their own purposes. Just wanted to make a point.

We are all just people.
05:18 PM - May 02, 2024 (Edited)
RA
A
In response to Doug Says….
We cannot address power dynamics without identifying the groups who have more power and the groups who have less power.

When we live in a system built to advantage cis, white men, treating everyone "the same" just maintains their power; it doesn't level the playing field.
05:24 PM - May 02, 2024
The Phantom.
A
In response to Doug Says….
Doug.
I am so sorry. I read that post/thread and was trying to come up with a kind way to highlight the bullshit of the original post.
Got distracted.
You are right. 100% right.

Absolutely right. I’m with you the whole way.
11:36 PM - May 02, 2024
Just Curious About Stuff
A
In response to Salma Typhii.
Don’t know the veracity of it, but apparently the Proud Boys founder Gavin McInnes was prowling around the fringes of the Columbia protests trying to start some shit
05:08 PM - May 02, 2024
Salma Typhii
A
In response to Just Curious About Stuff.
Let's just say if true I wouldn't clutch my pearls
05:09 PM - May 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}