RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his)
A
You know, This is why real, uncensored, raw, and not whitewashed history should be taught. I never knew that the Battle of Puebla changed the trajectory of the US Civil war until today.
Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd @DrXVI
And changed the trajectory of the US Civil war as France diverted funds from the Confederacy to ward off a Mexican uprising. So Americans should thank and celebrate Mexicans on Cinco de Mayo.
05:07 PM - May 02, 2024
05:18 PM - May 02, 2024
Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd
A
In response to RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his).
Did you know the $ came from Mexico? When the Revolutionary war was underway, the Gov of New Spain gave the US much needed gold and silver pesos. They had the pillars of Hercules on the back wrapped in Ivy. So accountants put that down as $. Much needed funds for the “cause”.
05:35 PM - May 02, 2024
A
In response to Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd.
I actually remember that! The Dollar Sign ($) is used for the Peso in Mexico, and went pretty dang universal. Though this too highlights something I've noted for a long time. Stuff we use or adopt have come from war, including our own internet.
05:37 PM - May 02, 2024
Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd
A
In response to RobPalmerIRL (he/him/his).
That’s by design, my friend. As Baldwin showed me, so too do I show others. Start with the premise something ain’t white, and watch what comes next.
05:21 PM - May 02, 2024
A
In response to Dr.XVI is the Wrong Crowd.
You're right, how many people didn't know about the Tulsa Massacre until 2 short years ago?
05:23 PM - May 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}