⚾️Dane Pereslete⚾️
A
thread 1/9
A thread.

Today has been hard. Half of me has been missing for over a year now.

Today is the thirty-second anniversary of our wedding day.

When I met her, I made all the wrong assumptions.
10:49 PM - May 02, 2024
⚾️Dane Pereslete⚾️
A
thread 2/9
You know how they say don’t judge a book by the cover? My first take of the cover was she's probably a spoiled rich brat. I couldn’t have been more wrong. The truth was, she was raised by a single mom on welfare and dealing with her mom’s partners who were frequently abusive.
⚾️Dane Pereslete⚾️
A
thread 3/9
Her older brother, who she was very close to, left home at 16.

Despite the hardships, she always carried a sunny attitude in everything. Maybe it had something to do with her situation growing up, but she was a natural empath. She had the skill of becoming instant friends with anyone she just met.
⚾️Dane Pereslete⚾️
A
thread 4/9
And they would never forget her, either.

She was the part of me that I previously never knew that I needed.

She had a tenacious yet friendly competitive spirit. Quite a fearsome rival at Air Hockey. She would ALWAYS kick my ass on Galaga and Dig-Dug.

In her last years, Marfan Syndrome caught up
⚾️Dane Pereslete⚾️
A
thread 5/9
to her, and it was one health issue after another, but it never dampened her spirit.

When the pandemic hit, I vowed my family would never contract the virus, and took severe precautions since I knew coupled with complications from Marfan’s it would be serious.

But of course, she was the only one
⚾️Dane Pereslete⚾️
A
thread 6/9
of us to draw the bad card, and suffered what ended up being a mild case of Covid in January, 2021.

She never rebounded back 100%, but she still did well.

Early morning of January 16, 2023 she was very weak and vomited blood. She was rushed to hospital where they were able to control
⚾️Dane Pereslete⚾️
A
thread 7/9
her vomiting and it seemed that the blood was clotting. Perfunctory diagnosis was potential bleeding ulcer, so they admitted her overnight and scheduled an upper GI scope for the morning.

I guess the one-two punch of Covid and Marfan’s was too potent, and the next morning
⚾️Dane Pereslete⚾️
A
thread 8/9
she suffered a burst artery in the small intestine, hemorrhaging out before emergency surgery could stop it. She was put on life support. On January 18, it was obvious that the hemorrhagic shock was too severe to overcome.
10:49 PM - May 02, 2024 (Edited)
⚾️Dane Pereslete⚾️
A
thread 9/9
The boys and I made the difficult yet proper decision to terminate life support.

Life will go on, but there is an emptiness to it that will never go away.
Marie Guenther
A
I'm not a widow, but I've come close enough to know the depths of your sorrow. Sending love and light to you and your family. I know her memory is a blessing and I hope it brings you all some comfort.
In response to ⚾️Dane Pereslete⚾️.
11:04 PM - May 02, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}