Khrissy Choate
A
thread 1/7
This is going to be a thread about writing postcards to voters with the organization I have linked below. After the 2016 election,,I felt a sense of grief, sadness, dismay, and fear at what had happened. I spent the first few weeks after it experiencing panic attacks as bad as or worse than those
01:38 PM - May 03, 2024
Khrissy Choate
A
thread 2/7
I had in my teens after experiencing some trauma in my life. I felt my PTSD threatening to overtake my life again and I knew I had to do something to ground myself and stop feeling helpless. I began looking for types of activism that I could physically do and that would make a positive impact.
Khrissy Choate
A
thread 3/7
I began hearing about postcarding on social media, so I decided to look into it. I was unable to find any groups that did postcarding to get involved with in time for 2018, but I found this group in time for the 2020 election. I signed up and began writing postcards and getting others to join me.
Khrissy Choate
A
thread 4/7
The success in 2020 inspired me, and made me keep wanting to do more. In 2022, this organization wrote postcards to voters here in Kentucky. I participated, and as a result we were able to re-elect our Democratic governor by a sound margin. This cycle, one of the states I am writing for is Montana.
01:43 PM - May 03, 2024
Khrissy Choate
A
thread 5/7
You might be thinking, “wait, Montana isn’t a swing state.” You would be correct, but Montana was chosen by this organization in order to help Senator Tester keep his seat. So, should you sign up,,I encourage you to consider writing for Montana and/or Ohio.
01:46 PM - May 03, 2024
Khrissy Choate
A
thread 6/7
It’s important that we help senators Tester and Brown keep their seats in these so called “red states.” Regardless of what states you choose to write for, know you’re making a difference. Encourage a few friends to join you. Even if you can’t write postcards you can help by donating to the cause.
01:50 PM - May 03, 2024
Khrissy Choate
A
thread 7/7
If you can’t donate you can still help out by amplifying messages like this one.
01:51 PM - May 03, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}