Elle Faba Prefers Bears to Humans
A
It is so so irritating to have to do this, and something women face so much more from the medical community. Add being not white and is it any wonder marginalized communities have so much worse outcomes?
Annie Bee Good @SomeAnnieB
"Don't be afraid to get a 2nd opinion."
Friends, I recently went through a spate of cardiology exams & tests as a precaution following a SCD in the family. The 1st Dr wanted me to start meds, but wouldn't answer my questions. I'm a make informed decisions kinda gal so the more I didn't get my ??
07:56 AM - May 03, 2024
10:06 AM - May 03, 2024
Annie Bee Good
A
In response to Elle Faba Prefers Bears to Humans.
I think about my experiences as a woman in our society & healthcare system, as a woman in business & finance (often considered a male domain) & knowing I don't face added racial biases, I applaud black & brown women for not losing their sh*t every single day because I don't think I could manage it.
03:00 PM - May 03, 2024 (Edited)
Annie Bee Good
A
I literally have days when I want to choose violence because of decades of 1 step forward, 3 steps back, & being diminished, & being SAed, & being hypervigilant about personal safety, & the oppressive lunacy that women have to deal with, and still I know my experience is better because I'm white.
In response to Annie Bee Good.
03:06 PM - May 03, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}