Melissa Griffith ☕ aka Masker
A
thread 1/5
I apologize for not posting the #SpoutibleScavengerHunt today. I'm threading this because I want ppl to know why and also share my story so that others can understand, and perhaps it will help someone else too.

I've stated here before that I have #PTSD and last night, I had one of the most
10:49 PM - May 03, 2024
A
thread 2/5
harrowing set of flashbacks of my life. This hasn't happened in years and went on for hours. I wasn't in control of myself, and don't remember what I did. My lamp was knocked over along with my fan, and I'm sure I will find more evidence. It was exhausting, and I slept most of the day. I still
A
thread 3/5
don't feel quite myself. I was frightened because none of my normal coping skills were working. I knew on some level it wasn't reality, but it was so intense and vivid. It really does feel like going through it all over again. It was a TV show that happened to hit all my triggers.
A
thread 4/5
I want people to know that #PTSD is treatable even if it rears it's nasty head here and there. If you or someone you know needs help, I went to https://www.wannatalkabout... There are resources whether you want to actually chat or not with links to multiple other orgs that can help, even if it'
A
thread 5/5
Thanks for reading, and I'll be posting my weekend hunt per usual tomorrow.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}