MargauxTwoPointO
A
This Spring there are an abundance of eagles here in Maine. This stunning photograph was taken by my friend Hawk Henries. 🦅
: #maine #spring
11:35 PM - May 03, 2024
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
In response to MargauxTwoPointO.
Wowwww! Gorgeous! 🦅 👀 I love bald eagles So much! 😍
11:48 PM - May 03, 2024
MargauxTwoPointO
A
In response to ✨Shell Russell-Nelson.
A friend posted a picture of eight fledgling eagles on a big rock in front of her mothers house in a cove in the midcoast area of Maine recently. There seem to be so many lately!
11:53 PM - May 03, 2024
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
I watch streaming eaglecam nests all over the country, & I'm so thrilled that the population is thriving in Maine. We've had some gut-wrenching tragedies in other nests this year. I've shed some tears over the eagles during the last few months. Nature can be cruel sometimes.😢😞
11:57 PM - May 03, 2024 (Edited)
MargauxTwoPointO
A
Eagle-cam! I've seen osprey and deer cams...
I can only imagine the predators that come for the eggs and the babies...😥
12:08 AM - May 04, 2024
✨Shell Russell-Nelson
A
Predators like ravens stealing eggs... Father eagles eating newly hatched eaglets... 3 non-viable eggs (what we call eggberts, in eagle-cam chat groups) that were still being incubated & lovingly cared for by the parents a couple of months past viability, in the snow. Jackie finally ate the eggs.😢
12:22 AM - May 04, 2024
MargauxTwoPointO
A
Now that you mentioned it, I saw a video of a raven fighting with an eagle as it approached the eagle's nest trying to get to the eggs. The raven ended up pulling some tail feathers out of the eagle. It was quite violent to watch. The raven lost and flew off.
06:50 AM - May 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}