Sheena
A
#DailyPictureTheme #tear
Not a tear was shed, fake injury at the county disaster simulation. I was always impressed my kids were willing to spend an entire day (even getting up early!) volunteering for this. Photo by my daughter.
September 2018
01:49 PM - Apr 28, 2024
JC_🇺🇸
A
This gave me a flashback! In Boy Scouts we had a Emergency Response / First Aid thing. The scene was a bloody mess... a little too realistic for some stuffy parents who protested. LOL Forgot all about that til now. Fun times, fun times...
In response to Sheena.
02:34 AM - May 04, 2024
Sheena
A
In response to JC_🇺🇸.
Boy Scouts was really great for my kids, I just wish they’d accepted girls earlier so my daughter could’ve been a Boy Scout. She waited till 8th grade to be able to join Venting. Only lasted 2 years in Girl Scouts because her troop was more focused on crafts.
10:55 AM - May 04, 2024
JC_🇺🇸
A
In response to Sheena.
They need to just drop the "Boy" thing and just call it "Scouts" -- which is what we called it anyway back then. Time for society to grow up, eh? Women serve & sacrifice in the military just like men. Only difference is, don't piss off a woman that knows how to fight. LOL
01:49 PM - May 04, 2024
Sheena
A
In response to Sheena.
I did type Venturing, not Venting!
03:51 PM - May 04, 2024
Sheena
A
In response to JC_🇺🇸.
🤣🤣🤣 I’m glad it looked so fake otherwise I would’ve been freaked out! My kids don’t believe me but I feel physical pain when I see (real) injuries like that. A few years ago, I read an article that it does happen to some people and I immediately forwarded to my kids! 🤪
10:53 AM - May 04, 2024
JC_🇺🇸
A
In response to Sheena.
That's interesting... I kinda do the same thing, but mine is weird. Either my teeth hurt or I get that 'whoop' feeling, like going fast over a hill or roller coaster. If someone bangs their shin; "WHOOP!" - LOL - Is that an empathic response?
01:43 PM - May 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}