MariMarina (she/her)
A
thread 1/6
I found The Aristocrats online. I never watched it completely when it was on TV then never saw it again. Nobody I asked even remembered it.

It can't decide if it is a period drama or a documentary with liberties taken so I understand why it's forgotten.
05:01 AM - May 04, 2024
MariMarina (she/her)
A
thread 2/6
The pacing is so off.

In one episode (and the whole sequence doesn't take the entire episode) lady Sarah Lennox is introduced into society, she's acting in a play, future king George lll falls in love with her, she isn't happy, is sent to the country, sprains her ankle, king dies,
MariMarina (she/her)
A
thread 3/6
George becomes the new king, he wants to marry her, she doesn't love him, he marries Charlotte of Mecklenburg, Sarah marries someone she isn't happy with. This last bit while the couple STANDS THERE and narrator tells us.

This guy's wiki page has more about his horses than about him btw.
MariMarina (she/her)
A
thread 4/6
Wikipedia linked a piece of gossip which can't be verified about her being George's childhood crush, one of the 10 bridesmaids at his wedding and the king only looking at HER throughout the ceremony.

Which would be darkly hilarious since she was being pressured by her family to marry him.
MariMarina (she/her)
A
thread 5/6
There is also a subplot about her friend being in love (or lovers (?) with somebody), marrying below her station, going to America (I think?) which is relayed through gossip in tiny bits. Everyone wears a wig, has a name, last name, a title... I have no idea what actually happened.
MariMarina (she/her)
A
thread 6/6
This should have been an episode or two itself but this series was constrained by the number of episodes planned and the budget.

*sigh*

This would be an entire season of Bridgerton. Just these 15 minutes.

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}