Christopher Bouzy
A
You guys wanted to know if Accuracy Alerts works with current events, and the answer is yes. Try fact-checking my spout about Hope Hicks.
Christopher Bouzy @cbouzy
Hope Hicks testified against Trump in the New York criminal case.

Accuracy Alert!

Based on the credible sources, it can be concluded that Hope Hicks, a former aide and communications director for Donald Trump, did testify in Donald Trump's New York criminal trial. However, the sources do not make it clear if she testified against Trump, hence the overtone of her testimony remains unvalidated. The trial is related to a hush money case from Trump's 2016 campaign. Hicks' emotional testimony was noted, but the content and implications of her testimony are not sufficiently detailed in the sources to claim that she testified against Trump.

06:23 AM - May 04, 2024
06:25 AM - May 04, 2024
Pamela B'well
A
In response to Christopher Bouzy.
Here’s my question for the “Accuracy Alert” determination:

Since Hope Hicks was a witness for the prosecution, doesn’t that mean she did indeed testify “against” the defendant?
10:38 AM - May 04, 2024
RexRath
A
@cbouzy your quote spout does bring up an interesting situation. There’s no immediate visual indication that the quoted spout has an accuracy alert on it without going to the spout.
09:08 AM - May 04, 2024
Ann Cantelow
A
Oops, I pressed Fact Check by accident, just being curious about it. I wonder if a box asking to confirm Fact Check might be a good idea and cut down on noise you get.
08:53 AM - May 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}