Deb
A
I transplanted my rhubarb last fall into this new bed. I thought I might have to wait a year to harvest again but it settled in quickly and I will get to pick some this year. Planted the last of the vegetable seeds today and anxious to plant my seedlings. #gardening
02:44 PM - May 04, 2024
Susan Buzzell
A
In response to Deb.
Beautiful garden!!
02:46 PM - May 04, 2024
Deb
A
In response to Susan Buzzell.
Thank you. It’s been a lot of work setting up the taller beds but saves me a lot of time and effort once they are filled.
02:49 PM - May 04, 2024
Susan Buzzell
A
In response to Deb.
I’m just in awe both at the thought of setting them all up and how great it must be to work with them. Bountiful rhubarb 😀
02:59 PM - May 04, 2024
Deb
A
I’ve wanted to do it for years but the cost stopped me. We have spent a lot less money since the pandemic started and I put the saved money into these.
03:32 PM - May 04, 2024
Susan Buzzell
A
We’re drifting towards more container gardening which is ok but not ideal. But now I’m inspired to start saving for a couple of these.
In response to Deb.
06:48 PM - May 04, 2024
Deb
A
I half fill them with branches, kitchen scraps, and any plant trimmings that don’t have seeds. They do take a lot of soil to fill.
06:55 PM - May 04, 2024
Susan Buzzell
A
In response to Deb.
A neighbour of my parents built some cedar ones and we happened to have huge amounts of brush and clippings at the timer so it was a win all around. I’ve started doing similarly with some of my larger containers because the first year the soil was too compacted.
07:00 PM - May 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}