Blackity Black
A
Y’all please just be sure of what you’re offering a human when you have kids. Nobody has parenting or life figured out perfectly and I get that— but if you know you’re broken…

Don’t do that to somebody else.

Quality of life… not quantity.
11:13 PM - May 04, 2024
Kevin Hilbiber
A
In response to Blackity Black.
Growing up was so hellish I was always afraid of being a parent who authored more of the same to innocent souls born of pleasure. Never got anyone PG.

We were too fruitful in our multiplication. Now we are only left with tough decisions after normalizing opportunism behind comfort and innovation.
11:26 PM - May 04, 2024
Blackity Black
A
In response to Kevin Hilbiber.
Totally agree.

I’m one of those people that believe money really can buy happiness and contentment.

I feel that if this country gave its working class what they needed and listened when they spoke people would be better off at all points in the life cycle.

And fruit would always be beautiful.
11:30 PM - May 04, 2024
Kevin Hilbiber
A
It can buy respite from the terror. I know. But until I became willfully productive and served performing artists, I was lost in the shuffle of rushing thoughts and inexperience. We all need to attain some mastery of some aspect of our life we resonated with naturally. Its not trivial to do.
11:36 PM - May 04, 2024
Blackity Black
A
It’s not easy. In college I created this quote that said ‘we will all be called to stand before our destiny no matter how we try to evade its repercussions.’

I believe it more every day. I am who I am. I need to learn to love her completely.

And I will.
11:39 PM - May 04, 2024
Kevin Hilbiber
A
As an old goat I can only reinforce one abstraction here. Beliefs versus Experience. Beliefs are pumped in socially. Experiences are personal and intimate. But I preach to the choir here.
11:41 PM - May 04, 2024
Blackity Black
A
Well said. I’m trying to find my happy median between what I know is the reality and what I know as my reality.
11:43 PM - May 04, 2024
Kevin Hilbiber
A
I'm 68- took me 27 years to attain an attention span as a privileged kid. Got a 2 year degree that utterly eluded me at 19 though. I learned the language and laws of the wily electron finally. Dove in as music made me human when I was unsure- so we served players for our career. Good luck brother.
11:52 PM - May 04, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}