Yimi_Kyrabo
A
thread 1/2
Can you see that price?! $2.49 EACH for a Jalapeño pepper. This is from a local grocery store in my area, It makes their $2.09/pounds onions… all of which are a pound or more, look like a bargain. SMH. Greed!
03:13 PM - May 05, 2024
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
thread 2/2
This is a major problem with capitalism. How do you get business owners large and small, to have a heart, to balance profits with easily available income stats for a given area?

‘Caring’ is not among any of the bullets on syllabuses for economics or business classes.
09:06 PM - May 05, 2024
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
“Because they can” is the truth. This store sits where you gotta drive 12 miles in one direction, or 17 in another to get to a competitor. They have a niche location in a mostly low income area and they are pure predators. I often drive past them but their bakery sometimes summons my waistline.
In response to frog_enabler.
08:57 PM - May 05, 2024
frog_enabler
A
In response to Yimi_Kyrabo.
Yeah, I live in a rural area too. Same problem. Kroger took many of the products I buy off the shelves, and replaced them with their own crappy brand too. It’s the only grocer here, but they have decided to compete with Wal Mart, owed by a fam richer than Switzerland.
11:19 AM - May 06, 2024
Yimi_Kyrabo
A
In response to frog_enabler.
Wow... wait, the one family is richer than the country of Switzerland?
12:59 PM - May 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}