Carrie, like the movie
A
I recently told my husband we need to get married again because I’m at least 50 pounds lighter than our wedding day. He said “no” because his #suit would be too small 😂 #DailyPictureTheme

Sorn Castle, East Ayshire, Scotland
05:56 AM - May 06, 2024
Karen Dykstra
A
In response to Carrie, like the movie.
What a beautiful wedding venue.🥰
05:57 AM - May 06, 2024
Carrie, like the movie
A
In response to Karen Dykstra.
Thank you! It was a few miles down the road from where my husband’s aunt and uncle live
06:06 AM - May 06, 2024
Karen Dykstra
A
Was it easy to get married there? Legal? Or did you have to get married in the states too?
06:08 AM - May 06, 2024
Carrie, like the movie
A
I always tease my husband that I want to see the marriage certificate to make sure we are married in the US (we are) I had to get a marriage visa while in the US and then when we got to Scotland we had to go through an interview and get a Marriage bann (a public announcement of intended marriage)
06:17 AM - May 06, 2024
Karen Dykstra
A
I have a hairdresser here that is getting married in Spain this Summer but their marriage rules are very complicated so it wont be legal. They plan to honeymoon afterward and then have a simple ceremony with a friend who can perform weddings here and have a small reception for friends and family.
06:20 AM - May 06, 2024
Carrie, like the movie
A
The nice part about getting married in Scotland was knowing it would be a small wedding and that my husband’s aunt and mom (she lives a few hrs away in England) coordinated a lot of stuff like flowers, cake, hair dressers, etc. I really only had to worry about taking my dress on the plane 😊
06:36 AM - May 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}