Karen Springer
A
thread 1/2
This is my red line. You lose your entire right to message whatever your message is, when you destroy stuff. They are no better than the thugs who trashed the Capital, on January 6. That it was for different reasons, means nothing, to me.
Cynthia Williams @BLACKSTEMUSA
I was a staunch supporter of the student protests happening around the USA until last wk when violence and property destruction took place.

I can't help but wonder why violence always seems to be the preferred solution to the world's problems these days. Is mankind on a path of self-destruction?
07:31 AM - May 06, 2024
07:53 AM - May 06, 2024
Karen Springer
A
thread 2/2
Please note that I'm not lumping the violent January 6th thugs in with protesters. I'm talking about the ones who committed acts of vandalism and destruction, just for the sake of destruction. Violent acts against property never equals violence against living creatures. Some campuses had both.
08:51 AM - May 06, 2024 (Edited)
Lee Bruce
A
In response to Karen Springer.
If you are using violence as a tool to protest violence than you are not part of the solution 🤔
12:16 PM - May 06, 2024
Adele Not the singer
A
In response to Karen Springer.
It’s my contention that outside agitators drive the violence and vandalism
12:11 PM - May 06, 2024
Karen Springer
A
In response to Adele Not the singer.
Yes, that is likely true. These students are also adults. Getting caught up in a moment, is one thing. This has gone on longer than a moment.
12:17 PM - May 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}