Just a scifi nerd
A
If big chains are going to keep gouging consumers then i say, screw them & shop at small businesses again. Odds are they have better deals! Go to your local butcher or produce hut. Buy as much as you can at the smaller mom&pop places. Cut back on things you can’t get there & make the big guys pay
Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé @DianeLMajor
I hate to say this, but do not count on grocery prices to ever "go back to normal". Some of the more inflated items may come back down (some), but don't expect that the day is coming when food prices are going to shrink across the board.
08:10 AM - May 06, 2024
08:27 AM - May 06, 2024
Jen The Muse
A
In response to Just a scifi nerd.
When I went to a mindful whole food eating approach 20ish years ago this is what I did. I just found the seasonal produce and fresh meats to be better. It does cost me more, and it takes more time/planning....that's a big tragedy. Healthy options should be the cheapest and most accessible imo.
09:01 AM - May 06, 2024
Just a scifi nerd
A
In response to Jen The Muse.
True. Do you have a local butcher in the area? Ours has packaged deals that i swear come out to be cheaper. But the planing is definitely more involved.
02:36 PM - May 06, 2024
Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé
A
Yep. It's the big food brands who won't shift their business model. And enough people will keep eating their processed foods for them to still do fine.

Keep in mind, not everyone has the option to boycott and pick-and-choose. That's built in too.
08:56 AM - May 06, 2024
Julie Brannon
A
In response to Honey and pepper and roses en déshabillé.
THAT PART
08:59 AM - May 06, 2024
Stacy TeeGee
A
Queue in our farmer’s market and access to farm land to grow my veggie garden (of which I’m grateful…and they get carrots!)
08:39 AM - May 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}