Michael Freeman
A
It would be a master class on how the moneyed elite did and can take over a democracy. I saw it all unfold.

The 1st thing Reagan did was declare war on the unions. Wall street descended on Washington and never looked back. Reeling from the stagflation of the late 70's, nobody seemed to notice.
MyCupOfTeaLCSW @MyCupofTeaLCSW
I just can't imagine what destructive force happened in 1980...what could it have been? The Reagan administration needs it's own course in college for just absolutely destructive it was by pretty much every measure.
08:15 AM - May 06, 2024
08:37 AM - May 06, 2024
Julie Brannon
A
In response to Michael Freeman.
It is utterly mind boggling to see people act like this is all brand new. The playbook hasn't changed for 50 years and it still keeps working.
09:10 AM - May 06, 2024
Michael Freeman
A
It's painful.

I went to college in the 60's, participated in the "revolution" and was proud of what we had accomplished.

But being the naive, idealistic 25 year old that I was, I thought we'd won, not realizing that we had won some battles, but not the war.

When will we ever learn?
In response to Julie Brannon.
09:20 AM - May 06, 2024
Julie Brannon
A
In response to Michael Freeman.
I'm an older GenX. The 80s were my teen years so I remember how awful it was. Evangelicals played the long game, and they won. I'm so angry.
09:29 AM - May 06, 2024
Michael Freeman
A
In response to Julie Brannon.
It's always about religion - always. Throughout recorded history religion has been used to further the goals and ambitions of man. Hard to count the number of wars and hundreds of millions of lives lost due to religious beliefs. We know this, yet thousands of years later we wash, rinse, and repeat.
09:59 AM - May 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}