BigBrownGirl
A
Real world user context? My April bill was $55 vs April 2023/$43. (Chorus of yeah, but's; ...the weather, higher usage, et al) A'they're hosing us'las, BBG HQ used 10% *less* than last year.
BigBrownGirl @BBG
- From 2022 to 2024, the electricity provider has moved to raise prices at least three times

- AEP Ohio instituted a 28% rate increase in 2023

- In 2017, AEP Ohio proposed a 120% increase in fixed fees for customers
#NeverOhioForget #BothPartiesAreTheSameMyAss #PUCO
06:46 PM - Apr 25, 2024
10:03 AM - May 04, 2024
roxannehawn
A
In response to BigBrownGirl.
Wow. Our electric bill doesn't even get that low in the summer in CO, and we don't have A/C. Our April bill was $256, and the one I just paid was $177. We've had a long/cold winter extending into spring. Just 29 degrees here this morning. Brrrr.
10:37 AM - May 04, 2024
BigBrownGirl
A
In response to roxannehawn.
We're not out of the woods for another wk or so, but I *think* we had our last frost last wk. Imma single so that controls a number of cost variables. Plus, a bit of a hardass. 🤭 Summer? 90+ for more than a day before I'll even consider puttin on the air.
10:51 AM - May 04, 2024
roxannehawn
A
Fingers crossed you're beyond frost! We're SO lucky that we don't really need a/c here, but we're pretty strict with the heat in winter. Our thermostat is set at 65, and we turn the heat off overnight. We also have a good fireplace though, so that helps in the living room in the evenings.
11:38 AM - May 04, 2024
BigBrownGirl
A
The fireplace lifestyle is unlocking a new ::limit usage:: level, I'd imagine. (I have a fireplace but I'll take my chances with the chilly willy & costs before Imma have to run the risk of involving the fire service.) But I'm right there at 66. ...They (power co's) have us over a barrel. 😒
08:56 PM - May 05, 2024
roxannehawn
A
It seems they do. Our house is pretty old too, and we haven't been able to afford to replace ALL the windows yet. We do them as we can for better efficiency.
09:19 AM - May 06, 2024
BigBrownGirl
A
Those kinda changes make such a difference.

Also, the investment...
09:56 AM - May 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}