Jeanne Ringland
A
I’ve been working on this quilt since early October, 3-4 hours almost every day, and it’s finally finished.
Titanic sailing from Cobh, Ireland
01:25 AM - Mar 02, 2023
Prefab Spout
A
In response to Jeanne Ringland.
Lovely.
My favourite Cobh story is when Laurel and Hardy came in from the US. They were poor, and mostly forgotten then, on a tour to try to make a little money before they were too old.
But as they got to Cobh they heard the chuch bells playing their theme song. Then they saw the crowds waiting
01:45 PM - Mar 02, 2023
Jeanne Ringland
A
Thank you for that. I'd never heard that story before. The Dance of the Cuckoos.
Stan Laurel used to sit on his porch on nice days, and people would visit him there, including Dick Van Dyke.
In response to Prefab Spout.
04:31 PM - Mar 16, 2023 (Edited)
Prefab Spout
A
In response to Jeanne Ringland.
That reminds me of another Stan Laurel story I love. Dick Van Dyke was a huge fan of his but by that time Stan had long faded from public life and Dick Van Dyke stumbled across him in the phone book and, well here - https://youtu.be/oUJ93Jtll...
Dick Van Dyke talks about how he met Stan Laurel - YouTube

Dick Van Dyke tells Conan how he stumbled upon Stan Laurel's phone number in the phone book.

05:40 PM - Mar 16, 2023
Jeanne Ringland
A
In response to Prefab Spout.
I think Robin Williams may have done the same.
My favorite story is that Stan gave the the little boy who played Stymie in the Little Rascals or Our Gang one of his hats, and it was Stymie's trademark.
11:22 PM - Mar 22, 2023

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}