Andrea Jones
A
Merchan: “Mr. Trump… the last thing I want to do is put you in jail. You are the former president of the United States and possibly the next president… [A]s much as I don’t want to impose a jail sanction … I will…”

Anyone else found in contempt 10 times would’ve BEEN in jail. Justice isn’t blind.
01:25 PM - May 06, 2024 (Edited)
Jeff Russell
A
In response to Andrea Jones.
Laws should be changed to reflect the times. Billionaires/millionaires and those with endless pockets because the cult will pay the bills need to be looked at.
To the average worker $1000 would hurt. To the other folks, it won't hurt them in the least.
#ProgressiveFines
01:35 PM - May 06, 2024
Andrea Jones
A
In response to Jeff Russell.
Yes: basing your fine on your income/net worth rather than having one rate for everyone makes a lot of sense.
01:38 PM - May 06, 2024
Jeff Russell
A
💯 A thousand dollars to some who would not be able to pay it would be behind bars. To millionaires and billionaires and suckers for tRump who can and will pay it easily.
02:25 PM - May 06, 2024
Andrea Jones
A
Yep. And companies do the same thing: often, it’s more profitable for them to pay the fine and violate some regulation. That’s what the politicians do: keep the violations low enough so they aren’t a deterrent 🤬
04:01 PM - May 06, 2024
Jeff Russell
A
When I retired I worked for as a realtor for about 10yrs. The local MLS office who made and enforced rules had fines of $25. The same realtors violated the rules and were glad to pay the $25 "as a cost of doing business" Until they raised them to $100, $250, $500 and $1000. $1000 got their attention
04:07 PM - May 06, 2024
Andrea Jones
A
That’s exactly how it works. But these big companies, like banks, and high net worth individuals, are willing to pay millions and keep on going 🤦🏽‍♀️💆🏽‍♀️
04:51 PM - May 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}