Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée)
A
I'm concerned that Netflix uses the catchall term, "faith-based" when it's clearly about one faith, not all.
Lisa W FirstWave @LisaW829
04:47 PM - May 06, 2024
05:09 PM - May 06, 2024 (Edited)
IveyJanette McClelland
A
In response to Kimberlee (Kimbrûlée).
AKA crappy films.
05:21 PM - May 06, 2024
Jacqueline Wallace
A
In response to IveyJanette McClelland.
Agreed 👍🏾 ugh 😑
05:42 PM - May 06, 2024
IveyJanette McClelland
A
In response to Jacqueline Wallace.
Blaxploitation 2.0
05:43 PM - May 06, 2024
Jacqueline Wallace
A
Ivey I love your reaction to this person, a billionaire, who sells this nonsense. Plus, miss you. 🥰. I used to love the old ones though. Shack, Pamela Grier, Tamara Dobson. Cool. Nah, mixing their view of God with trauma etc is like pray away the trauma Nope
05:49 PM - May 06, 2024
IveyJanette McClelland
A
And to many of us,that pray it away shit is tired. And preacy. Especially to those of us who have left the church and religion behind. Particularly the Black church.
05:53 PM - May 06, 2024
Jacqueline Wallace
A
Oh my God and I mean it! I noticed that the Methodist Church has finally decided that when Jesus said “all” that’s what J meant Now all are open and affirming and others have left. But the black frigging church is doing onto others (gay, women, power mad, greediness) as has been done to them. I left
06:21 PM - May 06, 2024
IveyJanette McClelland
A
I left decades ago. The misogynoir, dress codes,homophobia and constant begging for money to pay for the pastor's cheating and partying and for his wife/mistress's weave/hats/24K gold nails was the final nail in the coffin for me. I can worship the Lord from my couch and my phone, tablet or laptop.
07:28 PM - May 06, 2024
Jacqueline Wallace
A
Valid. I worshipped with Otis Moss, lll last week, worshipped with a grandbaby’s birthday this week. I would really like to start a more progressive church gathering experience, but most of the other “progressives” stayed at the old church. Wish……….
07:31 PM - May 06, 2024
Jacqueline Wallace
A
Also, you were pretty smart. Still are.
07:32 PM - May 06, 2024
Jacqueline Wallace
A
The Methodist church is now open and affirming. ❤️
06:27 PM - May 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}