TriXteR Phillips
A
thread 1/2
Leading medical researchers are coming to the conclusion that marijuana...is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, and we haven't begun to find out all of the ill effects. But they are permanent ill effects- Ronald Reagan, 1980
#FactCheckMePlease #FactCheckOnAisleFive
Ronald Reagan: "Marijuana... is probably the most dangerous drug" - YouTube

Reagan's statement obviously does NOT reflect reality. No one dies from marijuana overdose - although over 16,000 people died from overdoses of legally manuf...

Accuracy Alert!

The sources referenced do partially confirm that Ronald Reagan made the claim in 1980 that marijuana is probably the most dangerous drug in the United States, with potential for permanent ill effects. However, these sources do not validate nor disprove his conclusion regarding marijuana being the most dangerous drug. Many of the sources do not focus on marijuana or do not give factual information about its effects. Therefore, while we can confirm that the quote is accurate, the purported 'conclusion' by 'leading medical researchers' implied in the claim is not supported by the sources provided. Further research would be required to verify that conclusion.

07:36 PM - May 06, 2024
TriXteR Phillips
A
thread 2/2
P.S. That guy was a total dick.
07:36 PM - May 06, 2024
MariMarina (she/her)
A
In response to TriXteR Phillips.
I made a fact check request because I want to see if it realizes you are quoting or not.
07:43 PM - May 06, 2024 (Edited)
TriXteR Phillips
A
In response to MariMarina (she/her).
I think it might. But we'll see! Just two more requests to go.
07:47 PM - May 06, 2024

{{ notificationModalContent }} {{ promptModalMessage }}